Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Nuts and Jelly Ads

So I downloaded some magazine scans today when I was supposed to be doing school work...... they happened to be Happy Nuts Dec. and Jelly Dec. I was flipping through all the pictures forgetting about some of the horrid ads at the back... like the weight loss ads, you all know what I'm talking about, right??? Yeah well both magazines happened to have some of those oh so lovely weight loss ads right at the back like always. I thought being thin was getting to be an obsession in the US and only the US, but I look at this and I see the US is not the only country with media body issues... The sad this is that some of the girls aren't even fat to start out, maybe a little flabby, but that's nothing a couple days a week at the gym can't tone up!! There is no need to look skeletal or look like death... I'm sorry, but there is a point where people should stop losing weight... these girls should've stopped losing weight at that point!! It makes me sad to see them like that! Now, I don't know if they have been made to look like that or what, but it's really awkward and unhealthy looking! I know some people think it's normal for asians to have a low weight since they have a naturally smaller structure, yeah yeah yeah. No one is going to tell me it's normal for people to look skeletal or anorexic! It's unhealthy! I know you've probably heard about this topic on other gyaru blogs, but I never really noticed how disgusting they were until today!!

Well here they are:







                            ^^^^^^Do you think it's normal for girls to look like this???? ^^^^^^^

2 comments:

~dαturα~ said...

OMG! This is plain scary. However, both before and after pictures seem to be edited (and REALLY badly) - all the proportions are so messed up. They look like some kind of alien insects :D But again, taking into the consideration pictures (numbers probably as well because girls that are claimed to weigh 80/90 kg in the 'before' pictures are way too skinny for proclaimed weights), I'd say IRL they probably look not THAT bad :)

Yumi said...

i know right??? It is really scary looking, but I can tell that they're very poorly photoshopped because I work with photoshop often. I just think this is setting out a bad image to girls.