Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Yves Rocher

I thought I should talk about my all time favourite brand of makeup and beauty products. Yves Rocher is an awesome brand!! They have high quality makeup minus the price of high-quality makeup (yeah I know that didn't make much sense, haha, but it's trure). The trend of buying from Yves Rocher was passed down from my Nana to my mom and onto me. It's a family girl tradioton (^_^) So, I am going to share a few of my favourite products that I have owned, own, or have tried and loved!! and, no, they're not my sponsor, they are simply a favourite brand of mine. 




So heres you go: 
***each picture of makeup is depicting the actual colour I mention
Velvety Loose Powder 
$13.00
This is an AMAZING translucent powder by Y.R. I own it right now and love it sooo much! I forgot about it for a while and just recently found it again, and I was like why was I using Covergirl powder instead of this? It gives your face a sheer, yet matte finish. It is smooth and lasts all day. It goes on smooth and doesn't look cakey. It contains bamboo silica which brightens your skin and creates a more flawless finish. It also smells like sandalwood and something sweet, but I don't really know what it is. It comes in two shades: pinky and beige. I have pinky because I'm not tan; when buying face makeup from Y.R. you need to buy pinky if your pale or beige if you have a deep or medium skin tone.I would strongly recommend this to anyone!! It's awesome!! 


Flawless Finish Fluid Foundation
$22.00
This is a great foundation, out of all of the foundations in the collection. It's funny because both products I have reviewed are from their Couleurs Nature collection. Well, this foundation is very light and smooth and  gives you a matte, yet dewy and bright complexion. If you apply two coats of it, your skin looks flawless!! It feels kind of thick at first but when you blend it and it starts to dry a bit, it feels almost like it's not there. I love the way it smells, too. It smells like raspberries and champagne, which is absolutely delicious smelling for foundation, however it doesn't make me break out or make me itchy like a lot of scented foundations do to me. I ran out recently, how sad. It's a really good foundation anyways. 


Flawless Finish Corrector 
$18.00
This corrector is good, but not the best. I bought it and I don't really use it anymore since I wear foundation more often instead. I had originally bought it because it had a heavier coverage since I had a problem with sensitive skin inflammations. It was good for covering up redness and it kind of soothed soreness and inflamed areas. That is why I liked it, but now I don't  need that since I don't get inflammations as much, so I just use foundation for even skin tone. So, it's a good concealer for people that want a heavy coverage, and flawless look. I bought it in Very Light Complexion, there is three other shades. 

Plumping Sheer Gloss
$10.00
This lip gloss is simply AMAZING!! I've bought it in two different shades: Coco and Framboise. The one I like better was Coco and that is the colour above. It's clear and sparkly; perfect for putting over lipstick or lipstain. It makes you lips twice their size and ultra, super glossy for that perfect pout. I also find that it is pretty long lasting. It doesn't mention that however. 

Duo Eyeshadow
$9.60
This eyeshadow is so pwetty. It goes on ultra smooth and it is very silky and pearly. I love how it gives you two shades for that extra oomph when your trying to bring out the natural colour in your eyes. I have green eyes so I bought the eyeshadow in Pistache Et Prun, which is French for pistachio and prune, which is light green and purple. (>.<) haha. I can't really tell if eyeshadow brings out the colour of my eyes, but I got a lot of compliments on my eyeshadow while wearing it. 

Eyeshadow Peche Mignon
$4.95
This is a beautiful eyeshadow. It comes in a big variety of colours; all bright and shimmery. My Nana used to use this one and she gave me her old one and I loved it, so I bought some more!! The shade I have used is Menthe A L'eau, or in other words a light, frosty blue. I usually don't like brightly coloured eyeshadows, but for some reason I absolutely love Yves Rocher coloured eyeshadows. It goes on very silky and it almost feels creamy when you put it on. Unfortunately, I can't find my lovely baby blue eyeshadow. 

Metaglow Cream Eyeshadow
$17.00
This creme eyeshadow is so beautiful. My mum bought it for me for my birthday. It's shimmery and smooth, and just, just... AMAZING!! I bought it in Chrome, which is silvery and metallic. It takes a while to dry, which is sometimes a pain because it gets on your eyelashes and it smudges easily, but if you've got the time and patience you could totally make a master piece out of your eyes with this. I haven't seen my Metaglow around, so perhaps I lost it? I don't know, I have way too much makeup to keep count. 

Derma-Calm Day Creme for Sensitive Skin
$14.50
This creme is specially made for sensitive skin. It calms and cools, which feels absolutely great after cleansing in the morning and before you go to bed. It's thick and hydrating enough that you can use it as a night creme. I love it!! You can get it scented and unscented. I got scented, but I didn't mean to. It smells good, though. It even evens out you skin tone and equalises your complexion!!

Dema-Calm Toner
$8.50
Toning is very important to me, since I have a very uneven complexion. I needed something that would calm my skin and not irritate it like acid based toners do. This toner is more creamy than liquid. I thought that was weird at first, but it feels really good. It eliminated all redness. 

Shimmering Sunless Tanning Gel Face & Body
$12.00
I'm very pale, so during the winter about twice a week I like to use sunless tanning lotion so I have a somewhat healthy glow instead of a pale, alabaster tone, ugh. This sunless tanner in particular is shimmery!! It doesn't make you that dark either, so you have a natural glowing tan instead of an orange, fake tan. 

Coconut Fizzy Bath Cube
$2.00
Ohhhhh, my love for bath fizzies (^_^) how they are so fizzy with their fizziness and their bubbles and... okay, anyways this bath fizzy is made of sugar!! Yeah, but it's not edible, thought. But, it smells so good!!! Like coconuts just better, like sweetened syrupy coconut milk with vanilla. They come in three scents, but coconut is a must try!! It smells so good you'll wanna eat it!! But you can't, how sad. It makes your skin soft and silky after is dissolves into you bath. 

Traditional Gardenia Oil Monoi
$15.00
This oil is like a magical elixir.. well to me at least. You can use it for so many different things, like: as an after sun moisturiser, in sun tanner, hair oil treatment, lotion, and bath oil. It's so AMAZING!! And it smells like, not only gardenia flowers, but with something better like coconuts and shea butter or maybe cocoa or something delicious like such. 
Phythum Replenishing Shampoo & Conditioner
$4.95 each
This shampoo repair damage and nourishes you hair. It made my hair softer, silkier and shinier. It  can make your hair a little greasy at times since it's very moisturising. I left my hair smelling great and the scent lasted all day almost like a perfume. Weird, huh?
Vanille Noire Eau De Parfum
$32
This is my absolute favourite fragrance from Y.R. It smells like a million vanilla beans surrounding me while warm vanilla cupcakes and coffee cake bake near by. Haha, I know I'm weird, but that is exactly how it smells. to me. It's like a warm, rich, deep vanilla scent with a little hint of light and sweet. It's a perfect autumn and winter fragrance since it smells warm and welcoming.


So, I just wanted to share some of my favourites from Yves Rocher with you!! 

Visit Yves Rocher if you're interested!!







1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

This means that you literally get rid of fat by eating coconut fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from large medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!