Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Really???

I find this truly amazing and unbelievable. There is this gal on youtube that did an AMAZING gyaru makeup tutorial. She did a great job and the makeup was blog worthy. Here's the catch: I was reading comments below the video when it was done and I scanned over uploader comments. Someone asked her what brand of makeup she used and where they could get it. She responded by saying that she got all of her makeup from her local dollar store! She said she didn't have any brand name makeup except Rimmel London. I was like, "what what now?" Because i usually spend like $25 on drugstore brand makeup when I'm on a budget and I can only get like four items. What the heck??? And nevermind about $25. Some gals spend almost $500 dollars on Candy Doll or M.A.C!!! Like what the heck? If she bought all of the makeup necessary  to do gyaru makeup then she bought all of it for less than $20 (since everything in the dollar store is $1. Well, I don't think I trust buying makeup at the dollar store, but her makeup looked really good. Is she just magical or what? Because I've bought lipgloss from the dollar store and it was crappy as hell! I've never bought any other makeup besides that from that place. All I know is that it's possibly possible to be gyaru on a tight budget. Just a message for any gyarus running out of money. 

2 comments:

~dαturα~ said...

Dollar stores can be a great deal! They usually sell discontinued/seasonal products from drug store brands as Rimmel, L'Oreal and Maybelline. Funny thing is that these products will cost full price on-line, so occasionally I buy some make up there. I won't recommend buying unknown cheap brands in the dollar stores though because those things usually are "you get what you pay for" kind.

Yumi said...

yeah, I wouldn't trust the unknown brands either, you know the ones with like no name on them at all? haha, but I have seen a lot of maybelline and l'oreal at the dollar store when I've been there before.