Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tag: Get Your Freak On

This is, yet again, another tag post I got from Mei's blog. It about things that are really strange about yourself. You guys probably know nothing strange about me, so now I shall tell you who I REALLY am! Mu-ha-ha-ha!!! (^V^)

1.What's a nickname only you family calls you?
I don't really have a nickname with my family. They call me Haylea, which is my name. My sister calls me London--sometimes. Other than that, my friends and teachers call me Hales or HayHay (HayHay was a nickname that stuck at my old school) My friends online call me Yumi, which I came up with this year (clever, eh?) So other than that, those are the only nicknames I've ever had.

2. What's a weird habit of yours?
Oh, haha, probably the weirdest habit of mine is counting calories. I don't know why I do it, but I know the amount of calories in every kind of food, and I don't know how I ever learned them all.  I do it in my head throughout the day without even thinking. It's not really weird, but everyone thinks it is. Another thing is I sleep in a cocoon. I wrap myself in my blanket-- head and everything and curl up in a tight ball and sleep and oh, if people wake me up and try to remove me from my cocoon it's hell to pay!

3. Do you have any weird phobias?
Of course I do! I have so many phobias, you don't even want to know! I think my weirdest one is that I'm terrified of peanut butter. I'm afraid that it will stick to the roof of my mouth and I won't be able to breath. That I'll die if I eat peanut butter. I don't know why this phobia started in the first place, but it's really strange. I also am afraid of the look of it, but I'll deal if I have to make a PB&J sandwich for my little sisters!


4. What's a song you LOVE to blast and belt out when you're alone? 
There is a lot! I'm always singing songs out loud, even though I might not even like that song! But, recently I can't stop singing "Oh Christmas Tree" at the top of my lungs in an opera lady voice. I even looked up the lyrics on the internet so I could sing the entire song while I was home alone.

5. What's one of your biggest pet peeves?
Um, should I tell you all of them? The list is ENDLESS! I think my biggest pet peeve is when people assume things. Like when they misquote you, or say you said things you never said, or say you did something that you never did. It's like they know you, but most likely they don't know you at all! I wanna punch them in the face. I guess I'll share with you one more pet peeve of mine: people talking too loud. You know, when there is no need to talk loud, AT ALL and they are like talking over everyone? It IRKS me.

6. What's one of your nervous habits?
I don't know if this is a habit or not, but I get anxiety. Every time I'm scared or just plain nervous and stressed my heart beats irregularly and I hyperventilate. I thought I was having a heart attack one time, so I asked my doctor what the hell was going on and he said I was having an anxiety panic attack. So, they aren't dangerous, so now it's just a frequent part of my life.

7. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
Um, I'm not currently sleeping with anyone right now, but I sleep on the outside part of my bed, not the side against the wall. I am scared something will grab me from inside the crack between the bed and the wall. So, I usually wake up with some body part hanging over the side of the bed. That's how I know I sleep on that side for most of the night. Sometimes I even wake up lying horizontally on my bed with my legs hanging over the side. This happens quite often, actually.

8. What was your first stuffed animal & it's name? 
OH GOD! I've had so many stuffed animals when I younger, how can I possibly remember?! Can I tell you what my favourite one was and still is? I think that'll be okay. My stuffed cow named Floof. No one shall touch her, she is my Floof! I named her that because I had a hot pink feather pin that I pinned onto the top of her head. So it looked like a floof of hot pink hair on her head, hence I named her Floof.

9. What's the drink you ALWAYS order at Starbucks?
I really love chai lattes from Starbucks, but I don't always order them. I always order and expresso with caramel in it instead of sugar. I also add vanilla in it. That is what I usually do and I LOVE it!!! Without my coffee, I wouldn't be blogging right now. I'd be sleeping.

10. What's the beauty rule you preach... but never ACTUALLY practise? 
Wash your face with cold water, then hot water, then cold. I always tell people to do this when they complain their skin is dull or chapped. Since I don't really have that problem with my skin, I don't do it. I only do it in the Summer when my face is kind of burnt and dull. Overall, I preach this a ton, but never actually do it.

11. Which way do you face in the shower?
I face both ways throughout my shower, but for most of the time I am facing with my back to the water. I face the water to wash my face and rinse soap off the front of my body. And the funny thing is, I never really thought about any of these things being asked until today when the questions were asked!!!

12. Do you have any weird body skills? 
Yes. I don't like to admit it because for some reason every time I bring it up, people say "that sounds wrong!" or "that'll impress guys!". I am REALLY flexible... I mean sometimes people say I'm like a contortionist  (which is someone that ties themselves up in knots). I can bend backwards onto my hands from standing up, lay on my stomach and touch my head with my feet, do splits, and even put my feet behind my head when I'm sitting. It's scary really. I also have flexible feet. I can almost turn my entire foot backwards while standing. I scare myself when I do that.

13. What's your favourite comfort food/ food that's bad but you eat it anyways? 
I don't really have a comfort food and I don't really eat junk food so... Oh, I know, I really love sweet potato fries. I guess fries are pretty unhealthy, right? Well, I really like them, but barely anyone buys them in my family so I can never have them. How sad...

14. What's a phrase or exclamation that you always say? 
I'm always saying "AMAZING!" with much enthusiasm. I do that, not only in my blog, but in real life. Another thing I'm always saying is "Oh" I say it when I get hurt, when something surprises me, when I find out I'm wrong, etc... Another thing I say is "You know" or how I say it, "Y'know?" I say it at the beginning of sentences and the end of sentences.

15. Time to sleep - what are you ACTUALLY wearing? 
I sleep in a T-shirt or cami with yoga pants. My love for my yoga pants is insane. I live in them on the weekends when I'm at home doing nothing and when I get home from school, I usually strip off my jeans and jump into my yoga pants. And, haha, oh, sometimes I'm wrapped up in a blanket around my house before bed. My house is pretty old, so like when the heat is on, it doesn't make much of a difference so it's like really cold in our house during the winter. I don't like sweatshirts or too much clothing on my skin, so a blanket works just fine to keep me warm.