Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Circle Lenses Harmful?

Recently I've heard some bad things about circle lenses in the USA. As you probably already know, I've ordered circle lenses. Apparently they are harmful and cause blindness. But, how come I never hear, nor ever heard, bad stories from actual people that wear circle lenses??? That's weird. What I'm thinking is that maybe the people writing it are stupid, stereotyping, assuming Americans (sorry perfectly awesome and knowledgable Americans, but sometimes some Americans are what I described above) that hear the American contact brands complaining that people stopped buying their colour contacts for ones that actually benefit the size and sexiness or your eyes and write a rant about it just by the rumour-has-it method. Hence, other assuming people hear this and rant, as well. I also noticed that articles (I researched the harmful effects of circle lenses my whole study period, which is two hours) mentioning the harmful effects were written when circle lenses became popular or when the US FDA heard about them. Hmm, fishy.

That brings up something else I've heard about circle lenses. They aren't approved by the US FDA. BUTT, they are approved by the Korean FDA!!! I don't get it!!! How come the US finds circle lenses so bad, but Korea approves them and manufactures them legally? That just sound really peculiar to me. Maybe it's because doctors are losing money because people aren't coming to them for colour contact fittings and such? I don't know, but I really don't think Asian countries would legalise  and approve the health of something that is harmful. If you don't know, Asian countries are kind of more advanced than the US in many ways. They are also healthier than the US. How come cigarettes are legal and they legalise marijuana in certain amounts in California, but disapprove circle lenses? It's not like people will become addicted to circle lenses, or get lung cancer, and stuff like that. I'm not expert, but I think it has something to do with income. Yeah that's right, the dough, the cash, the MONEY!!! I mean drugs bring in income, cigarettes do, and guess what? So do colour contacts. So when Asian companies were making money off Americans, the US was probably like, "OH, HELL NO! Those Asian countries can't take our money! We shall make circle lenses illegal for sale in the US!"

Studies also show that almost 2 million women, girls, and even guys (yeah, guys DO wear circle lenses) wear circle lenses in Japan! That's more than 30% of the population!!! So that means if circle lenses did harm people, wouldn't I hear more about the danger of them on the internet from people other than ranting, KnowItAll Americans??? It's because circle lenses are only harmful if you don't take care of them the right way, or have freakishly small or big eyes and need a bigger or smaller base curve.

This is my opinion, and it hasn't been approved by anybody (the US would probably arrest me for bashing them this way since I'm a USA citizen, or maybe not haha)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great article, thanks for sharing it here !

i like the way you present your blog post.

I will visit your blog more often

Just for your info. you can also check out www.contactlensxchange.com for more exciting brand colored circle lenses.

Enjoy and stay pretty : )

Mimiko