Friday, February 17, 2012

Rant: A Real Woman

People keep bringing up weight issues and such and so am I. For example Xiaxue talked about overweight Adele hating on skinny people. Well, I'm here to talk about how people think that overweight women are real women.

I hate when there is a picture of a fit model or actress on an article of a magazine or on the internet and I see comments on it such as, "That doesn't look like a real woman's body." or "When people get skinny like this, they aren't a woman anymore." Ugh, this makes my head fume. How is being skinny relevant to being a woman? Since when did being fat make you a woman? This is what I seriously don't get. A woman's body is a woman's body. We all have breasts, bigger hips, menstruation (gross, but true), and the same reproduction system. What our body does is what makes us a woman. Even though a girl might have slightly less curves than another girl doesn't make her a man and just because a girl has a BMI less than 25 does not make her have a penis! I don't mean to get provocative, but it's true. All woman are the same on the inside. Just because of what you see on the outside might not look like what we perceive what a woman should look like, does not change the sexual organs or sexual nature of a woman. No one has the right to say a girl is not a woman because she is skinny. Being overweight does not make you a woman, it's your anatomy and the way you are born that make you a woman. I bet an overweight woman wouldn't like it if skinny people said, "Ew, she's fat, she's not a woman."  A real woman is healthy and happy with herself and others. So everyone SHUT UP! A woman is a woman, despite her weight. Either you're a size 2 or a size 16, you're all women! And you know, sometimes it's your attitude that makes you a real woman (wink, wink). I mean if your a size 16 and bash a size 4 girl for not being a woman because of her size, I'm pretty sure that attitude  doesn't make you a woman either, it makes you a troll... if you want to go there. Just saying, don't take it too personally if you're overweight. I have nothing against overweight people, again I just hate one's that call skinny people a man because of being skinny.





No comments: