Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fake vs. How You Want to Look

I wanted to bring something up that really makes me angry. It's something that I've seen people (mostly girls) rant about before and now it's my turn. This isn't really going to be a rant, but rather my opinion on a subject. Here it goes... 

Why do people treat people that have gotten plastic surgery, wear makeup, and try to look their best like they are FAKE; like they aren't a human, rather a plastic being that has no place in this world and has no feelings? It's like they think that just because a person looks good they aren't a person anymore! 

Let's take this situation (made up, but very common and realistic)... 

You follow a beauty blogger on the internet. You know that in all her pictures she wears a ton of makeup on and styles her hair to the max. She looks great, but you wonder what she really looks like without all the makeup. You then assume that she is ugly and plain under all that makeup. People including you bash her telling her she's "fake" , "a bitch" , "whore", "slut" just because she wears a lot of makeup. 

I know some of you must have witnessed a situation quite like this one. 

So what if someone wears a lot of makeup? Does it really make them a lesser person that deserves to be called names? Is there a reason why people often hate people that wear makeup and try to look good? 

My opinion is that everyone has the right to look they way they want to look. I think nobody has the right to say what is a good way to look and what is a bad way to look. There is no right way to look and there is no wrong way to look. 

Everybody looks different and everybody favours a certain looks and everybody has a look they dislike! 

That girl on the internet most likely wanted to wear that makeup and wanted to look the way she did. This is how she likes herself and she's wearing makeup to look good for herself. This is the case for most people wearing makeup. She's probably not trying to impress anyone, she just feels confident when she wears her makeup.

It's the same case with me! I wear makeup to look good for myself, not for other girls, not for men, not to hide ugliness, and not to be fake. 

I like to feel pretty and fresh and if I just woke up, put my hair in a ponytail, dressed in some old sweats, wore my bare face and didn't put any effort into looking good that day I wouldn't feel confident. I'd feel dishevelled and shoddy. Also, people wouldn't respect you if you went out in public looking like that. I personally don't care what people think, but I like to be respected. 

That is another thing. People claim that natural is better and it looks better, but I've seen many cases where natural people are called "Plain Janes" or "ugly" because they don't wear any makeup at all. And it's even proven that people that come to a job interview looking good and put together are most likely to get the job! Show that shows that the claim that natural is better is untrue! People favour attractiveness and that is our nature. 

How about plastic surgery? It's like an evil in society to have your face or body surgically altered! And, of course, people just right away assume that they are fake and shallow because they are ashamed of the way they look or something like that. 

I know a perfect example of this... 
Xiaxue! 

When Xiaxue got plastic surgery so many people harassed her about it. They called her "fake", "shallow", "wannabe", and they even said she was ashamed of her own race and that she wanted to be white instead of asian. 



Honestly, Xiaxue probably did not get plastic surgery to be white and I really don't think she got plastic surgery because she wanted to be fake, shallow, or a wannabe. I think and she has even claimed that she got plastic surgery for herself! She wanted to look good, even though she was already pretty, she wanted to look a certain way and went with it. Same thing with photoshopping her pictures. Who cares? It was a choice she made to look good. There is nothing wrong with that and just because she shared it on her blog doesn't make her shallow or anything of that such. She shared it because she was confident in her new self and it was something to tell bloggers that love her. 

What I think was awesome is that she didn't even seem phased by the hate that was erupting from her blog comments and twitter and other sites. She just simply told people the ups and downs of plastic surgery and what she had done. She didn't hate on the people that hated her. She stayed confident. 

And then people think a person that is confident is conceded. Well, there is nothing wrong with loving yourself and being happy in your own skin! It's funny because people with low self confidence are treated badly as well. It just goes to show you that people don't know what the want in others. Personally, I think it's conceded to want people to look they way you want them to look, but eh that's just me. 

And then there are the guys that say they like "natural" girls that don't wear a lot of makeup. That's a lie because they fantasise over celebrities who by far wear way more makeup than girl they've met. They also always hit on the girls that are the most done-up and looking hot. So, why do they claim they want  a natural girl? No one will ever know because there are so many reasons behind men. Ha. 

So that is what I thought I should bring up. I don't think anyone should hate on people just because that person looks good, wants to look good, or changed themselves for their own favour. 

❤XOXO❤




1 comment:

Torte said...

^^ she get the plastic surgery ^^
She says this very often on her videos.

http://www.clicknetwork.tv/