Thursday, May 31, 2012

☀OUCH☀

I got a sunburn
Yeah, it hurts and i'm peeling! Wtf?! I put spf 50 sunscreen on. Huh, maybe it washed off in the pool. Oh yeah, and exfoliating and aloe does not work on sunburns unless you apply it constantly throughout the day, just sayin'. So, now I'm red and my makeup looks all peely and scaly, it's so gross. 


But... 


I CURED IT! 


How??? 


NOT with aloe, you bum! I have come to the conclusion that aloe does not work for peeling sunburns. uh-huh, yep... 


So... I took some honey and put it all over my face, left it on for 10 minutes and then washed it off with cold water. I did this about twice a day for about two days and it soothed the burn and peeled away a lot of the dead skin. 




But, that wasn't enough, so throughout the day, I applied oatmeal cloth to my face. Yep, oatmeal cloth. I just took about 1 cup of oatmeal, wrapped it up in a washcloth, let it soak in a bowl of water for 15 minutes and then dabbed it on my face. 




This still wasn't enough T_T and I was NOT going to let this sunburn get away with ruining my makeup routine, no no no NO! So I took milk and soaked a washcloth in it and the dabbed the milk-soaked washcloth on my face. I had heard that the enzymes in the milk naturally peel away dead skin, and it was not lying. Most of the peeling skin had gone away like magic, ya!


The last thing I did was make a moisturising sugar scrub. I just took a little sugar and some olive oil, mixed, and massaged it on my face and rinsed with cold water. Now my face feels a little raw, but I rather have a raw, red face than a peeling lizard face!


The thing I did the most is after each treatment and throughout the day I took a gel ice pack and gave myself a cold compress. It draws heat out of the burn making it go away faster. Plus, it feels nice and cold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouch that must really hurt :(

where did you heard that treatments?? looks really nice :) Im going to try them if Im in need :)

Yumi said...

Daisy: It did, but it's gone now! I heard them from friends, family, and on beauty forums. I only used the ones that seemed hopeful! :D