Friday, April 20, 2012

Cosmetically Crooked Teeth

I heard of this "kawaii" trend in Japan called Yaeba which basically means crooked teeth. In Japan crooked teeth are considered cute. It can be, trust me. Take a look...

Cute, kawaii, adorable, yes? 

I have to say having crooked teeth is cute, yes, but when people with Yaeba are like "crooked teeth are the new straight teeth" people without Yaeba go "ME WANT!"So, they go to their cosmetic dental surgeon and ask for crooked teeth. 

You've probably heard of people getting their teeth straightened with veneers that make you look like a horse (I'm just kidding, but veneers make you look like a horse sometimes). Have you heard of people getting their teeth crookened (that's not a work is it?).

 Well, I don't think it's a bad thing, I just think it's bizarre. I don't think getting your teeth straightened is a bad thing, so getting your teeth made to look crooked is like the same thing right? Well, I guess it was a pretty big trend in Japan. So I'll show you some pictures of the surgeries. 


You see? They insert like little fangs to make your teeth look uneven and crooked. 

I'm sorry, but when I see these Yaeba teeth, all I think of is my poodle's underbite that sticks out of his lips like Yaeba teeth. I also think of a vampire O.o 





5 comments:

Laura-May said...

I think it's can be cute if you have a great face. But if you have a ugly face, I think crooked teeth aren't beautiful :/
good teeth will more in value a "normal" face

I don't know if you understand X)

Yumi said...

I get it :) it does work that way

Anonymous said...

Haha ! My teeth are a bit like that ! And I love it !
Btw, it is a good article!

http://FumixLand.blogspot.fr/

Anonymous said...

2 words. fuck off!

Unknown said...

I think having your teeth “crooked” can be cool. But before you get them, it’s still best to think over it. It may look good on others, but not for everyone.

Bettye @BackMountainDental.com