Monday, April 2, 2012

❤Bass❤

Like I said a while ago, I wanted to start playing bass. Yeah, well, my super friend gave me one of his old bass guitars. It's an old Fender brand, but it sounds really nice, and it's the perfect size for me. I got it on Friday and I started trying to figure it out, but I just had no idea what I was doing. So, I did some research (bada$$ research, eh) and I caught on immediately.

I thought I would never figure it out and would have to hire a teacher already. I don't want to hire a bass teacher and know nothing at all-- I would feel and look stupid. (No, I don't like to look stupid in front of experienced people, ok?) So, I felt so much better when I figured out the strings and frets and all that jazz.


On Saturday, I looked at some tutorials on how to play some easy songs on bass and guess what I found? A tutorial to play Feel Good inc. by the Gorillaz! (for those who don't know, Gorillaz= favourite band ever, got a problem, eh?) That song has the prettiest bass line known to mankind! Not, really, but close to it! So, I tried and failed a few times and then I played it. F*ck Yea moment! So, give some praise! My first song on an instrument I know barely anything about! It's a big accomplishment for me, okay?

Listen to that bass line T_T wahhh!

Next song I really want to play is Come As You Are by Nirvana. Another pretty bass line. Wanna listen? Sure you do.

No comments: